Thursday, May 24, 2018

Beaver Family History with a Visit to a Cousin and Family Cemetery


Monday, we joined a fifth cousin Janice Patterson and her husband who I “met” on Ancestry who live just west of Cleveland.  They had us for lunch, and we had such a great visit. She has shared a number of pictures and other materials about the Beaver family with me.


Then we traveled to Licking County, Ohio, to the cemetery of the Licking Primitive Baptist Church started by my fourth great grandfather.  We found David’s gravestone and others of the family.  Again, it made me feel so happy to be where my ancestors had lived. 


   















This is a church on the site now,but not the 
original one built by David.






David Beaver's Gravestone


The land that belonged to David across from the Church.

Afterward, decided to just drive on to Brittany’s.  The GPS took us through the Allegheny Mountains on Highway 33.  The only problem was that it was night time, with rain and fog and a windy road.  

Rob did such a good job, but it took forever! I could never have done that.  We arrived at Brittany’s around 1 am! 


No comments:

Post a Comment