Thursday, April 26, 2018

Good By to Our Mission

In the weeks before we were released, we tried to just store up all of our favorite memories.  


We had lunch with our dear friends the Bushmans.


We were able to attend a wonderful devotional with Elder and Sister Oaks 
We were able to hear the mission choir sing again.


A last interview with Pres. and Sister Fenn.


We gave the prayers at our last mission Monday morning devotional.

On Wednesday, they had a farewell breakfast for our zone.  It was fun to see a number of people from our zone who I had served with when I was working in the COB.

They even brought Dunford donuts as part of breakfast!

It was so hard to say goodby to these sweet people. 

The brothers who Rob worked with gave us a sweet goodby as well, including a lovely Christus statue.  



I then went to my zone and they said goodbye to me and shared a book with me which included messages from my fellow missionaries.  I had brought in Dunford donuts on Tuesday with bookmarks that I had made and gave out to my fellow missionaries with individual notes. 
I have been so blessed to serve with such wonderful Elders and Sisters, and these last five months have been particularly wonderful. 


Our farewell lunch from the mission presidency was held at noon.  

Sister Bollinger, who was in our original MTC group, was also leaving.  She is the second on the left.  Her 80th birthday was on Thursday, so we gave her a little towel as a gift.  She is such a sweetheart!

We were released and on our way to St. George and Arizona. - new adventures begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment