Saturday, November 25, 2017

Thanksgiving Adventures

The day before Thanksgiving, we were helping Bert by raking leaves in his backyard.  He has huge garbage can with a large lid that doesn/t bend back, but stays upright.  After filling the can with leaves, I leaned forward to press down on the leaves, so we could put more in, and the lid came crashing down on my nose, cutting it between my eyes and breaking it.  We spent several hours in the emergency room where they "glued" the cut which stayed on about ten days until it had healed.  My nose was only slightly broken, so, after "wearing" two purple stripes down my cheeks for some days, I got better.  


This instagram shot makes my nose look enormous; it's really not!


Thanksgiving morning, we went down to Heather's to celebrate.  Here she is wearing a cute mask from Pottery Barn :-)

John Morgan came from interpreting at the MTC, and Elizabeth joined us, too.

After watching the movie, "Murder on the Orient Express", with Bryan's family as well, we came back to Heather's for dessert and just hanging out.  Such a nice day!  So grateful for the family.

Rob's sister Carolyn and her husband Ron were away visiting one of their daughters and her family, so we took Adam to J-Dawgs for dinner one night.  It was fun to be with him..




No comments:

Post a Comment